Fábio Magalhães works with self-reference painting. Metaphorically connecting images of his own body, feelings and banal situations, he aims at pointing out conditions inconceivable to be portrayed but through artifices and distortions of reality. As for this, his art pieces are the result of a modus operandi that makes part of the photographic universe and results in a kind of parallel reality, materialized in the universe of painting. In which, he creates contours of a disturbing reality.
We are Stardust
Buried, expired 35mm film
Unearthed a film strip I buried ten days ago, listening to Woodstock by Joni Mitchell.
“We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil’s bargain
And we’ve got to get ourselves
back to the garden…”
I’m totally up for this haha
1. My favourite author is Stephen King. I have several multiples of his books because if I see one in a shop I have to buy it!
2. I’m obsessed with conspiracy theories. I think everything is a conspiracy! Haha
3. I can’t paint my own nails…I just can’t!
4. I dress like a metal head but have several dance tracks on my phone :/
5. I haven’t found anything I’m allergic to yet.
6. I’ve had several parking tickets in the last 6 months. I just don’t learn!
7. I just got engaged in the titanic museum, belfast. Best thing that’s happened to me this year :)
8. My favourite film is willy wonka and the chocolate factory. Good ole’ gene wilder!
9. I’m afraid of balloons after reading Stephen Kings “IT”
10. I have a degree in photography, to celebrate I tattooed my thumbs
11. I was brought up around motorcycle clubs
12. I used to play the piano well bit stopped when I got into higher education
13. I’ve been to auschwitz on holiday
14. The zapruder film makes me cry
15. I can’t eat for at least 2 hours when I first wake up
16. I have to give my cars boys names
17. 2 pints if lager gets me drunk most of the time
18. My friends gave me a middle name because I don’t have one. It was Betty :/
19. Halloween is my favourite time of year
20. Cemeteries fascinate me
The day has finally come! The Lomography New Petzval Lens is now readily available in our Online Shop and Gallery Stores.
To celebrate this, we will be hosting special Petzval Lens launch parties in our Gallery stores all over the globe!
See more details here: http://bit.ly/1ptXnUX
in cinemas and on VOD Oct. 3.
The eye of the crimson king
-Post photo editing
▲ obey the prophecy ▲
the door to wonderland